Visual & Critical Studies, B.A.
We Both Laughed in Pleasure: The Selected Diaries of Lou Sullivan
Co-edited with Zach Ozma
Nightboat Books, September 2019.
Digitization Project Archivist
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Historical Society, February 2018 - August 2018
- Oversee the creation of two searchable online archives of the Bay Area Reporter housed on the Internet Archive & the California Digital Newspaper Collection.
- Ensure all aspects of the open source workflow run smoothly, pivoting whenever new challenges are brought to the project.
Collections Project Coordinator
Mills College Art Museum, June 2017 - May 2018
- Collaborate closely with the director of the museum and the exhibition/collections manager to design projects in the realm of collections.
- Generate the work flow for the archive of exhibition history.
- An expansion on my role as Accessions Assistant.
Mills College Art Museum, September 2016 - June 2017
- Process artworks as they enter the collection: assign accession numbers and other physical processing, prepare the works for storage, and complete digital records within collections management system.
- Generate thorough condition reports of works in the collection.
- Collaboratively develop online task management protocol for all student workers at the museum.
- Implemented an audit system for the accessioning process to ensure error-free acquisition.
Interpretive Media Intern
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Summer 2016
- Contributed writings and research to a number of on-going narratives presented within the interpretive galleries of the museum.
- Collected data and archival materials of SFMOMA artists at archives throughout the Bay Area.
Mills College Art Museum, August 2015 - May 2017
- Evaluate the current conditions of works in the collection.
- Create photographic item entries of MCAM’s permanent collection while maintaining the integrity of the works.
F.W. Olin Library, August 2015 - May 2017
- Provide both the initial and final interaction with most patrons during their time in the library.
- Sort and shelve large numbers of items efficiently and accurately.
- Process course reserves through the online catalog.
2018 Micro Residency, Painted Bride Art Center
Philadelphia, PA, September - December 2018.
The residency culminated in a group show in which Zach + I created the takeaway "Dear Diary: Excerpts & Ephemera from The Diaries of Louis G. Sullivan".
Looking Portraits: Red, 2017
Visibility often involves being seen, but what about seeing? Eleven video portraits themed around looking, stillness & the color red. The project attempts to complicate the trans vernacular through the use of red descriptors. The portraits are of folx who experience gender along, around &/or without the trans vernacular. The shades recognize the specific moment of interaction with the camera, intervening in the role of the audience as the viewer.
Trans Stellar Film Festival (2018)
Tuff Guise, 2016
Artist & Counter-archivist
Museum Records + Research @
Mills College Art Museum
Mar 31 - May 27, 2018
CONTACT? looks at the threshold of the archive. Both the archive in its concept and Mills College Art Museum’s Museum Records + Research become the site of this installation. It is an installation with archival images and conceptual graves (plexi, pink wood). The archive becomes the mediator between time and history, author and influence, as Ellis Martin connects the contemporary queer to Sophie Calle’s The Graves, exhibited at MCAM in 1992, alongside her relationship to artist Hervé Guibert during the same period. Contact prods the relationships implicit in these two artist’s works, asking how close is close enough, asking how to be attentive when looking in.
Parallel Visions: Expressionist Scenes with Subtitles from the Archive
Mills College Art Museum, MR&R
Dec 5 - Dec 22, 2017
Parallel Visions is a video compilation of film and television clips influenced by German Expressionism, and produced during each of the four years (1938, 1955, 1981, 2017) that Mills College Art Museum hosted exhibitions of German Expressionist Art. Projected onto the walls of Museum Records & Research open archive room, the moving images within Parallel Visions are subtitled with text quoted directly from institutional records of previous Expressionist exhibitions at MCAM. This experiment with cut-up methodology collides the frequently banal organizational language of the archive with shadowy scenes of alienation and despair in order to achieve the effect of bureaucracy in turmoil.
Moments of Impact
Mills College Art Museum, Back Gallery
Nov 30, 2016 - May 28, 2017
Featuring works from the Mills College Art Museum’s collection, Moments of Impact examines ideas around environmental and social justice. The exhibition includes both contemporary and historical works in a wide range of media and explores the ability of objects and artists to evoke questions around cultural appropriation, inequality, and agency.
Noise + Thirst, Leila Weefur
Assistant Videographer, May 2018
Noise + Thirst is a video installation by Leila Weefur. It presents Blackness as an inhabitant of the space between noise & silence and thirst & satisfaction. The accompanying sound collage, a gestalt of Black masculinity, asks how closely must we scrutinize our Blackness to bear witness to a naturally occurring contrast?
A promotional video for Mills College Art Museum made in homage to Expressionism.
Hex for the Future: A Halloween Romp
Assistant Videographer, October 2017
A City Hall intervention instigated by Keith Hennessy & Annie Danger.
Principal photography by Leila Weefur.
"Reflections in the Museum Archive"
Glass Cube, Dec 2017
The Walrus Literary Journal, 2017
Adobe Creative Suite
Open Source Digitization
File Marker Pro
Final Cut Pro
Microsoft Office Suite
Levin, Lauren. "Genre Wormhole #1: Archive For Future Memories", SFMOMA's Open Space, 9 May 2018.